Here are some statements about studying.
1. Have a regular study time.
2. Do not listen to the radio or watch TV as you study.
3. As you study, try to express in your own words what the book is saying.
4. Don't allow your study time to be interrupted by phone calls or talking to people.
5. Set goals for how much reading you will complete by a certain time.
6. Before reading about a topic, look over the material to see what it is about.
7. Try to figure out how things you are studying will be useful to you later.
1. Try to get the teacher’s exact words down when you take notes.
2. Rewrite all of your notes and put them in outline form and fill in important details.
3. When you listen to your teachers, think about what they are saying.
4. During lectures, look at the teacher when you are not taking notes.
About the Teacher
M.S.E Educational Leadership
Arkansas State University
B.B.A Management / General Business
Delta State University
Southaven High School (Southaven, MS.)
I am a native of Southaven Mississippi, and I am married to Kathy Curbow. We have three children and four grandchildren.
I am a graduate of Delta State University in Cleveland Mississippi. While enrolled at Delta State University I earned a Bachelor's of Business Administration in Management and General Business. I later earned a Master's of Science in Educational Leadership from Arkansas State University.
This is my eighth year here at Horn lake High School as a teacher. Prior to coming to Horn Lake I served as teacher, Head Football, and Head Girl's Basketball Coach at a private school, and as a Manger in the transportation industry.